Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Intel Media sdk2014 R2 and 2014Q3 Intel Graphics Stack Release

Zurab_T_1
Beginner

If I upgrade current Intel Graphics stack which comes with Intel media sdk to 2014Q3 which is latest,  will media sdk work properly?

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2014/2014q3-intel-graphics-stack-release

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Intel Media SDK needs the modifications to libdrm and libva in the versions packaged with the product.  Different versions have caused problems in the past so using any version other than what is shipped with Media SDK is not recommended.  We are working on ways to make managing the graphics stack easier (i.e. better integration with existing package management systems) in the next release.

0 Kudos
Zurab_T_1
Beginner

Thank you Jeffrey,

Can you suggest me which version of intel_gpu_top will work better with media sdk? or if there is special release, than from where can i download it?

0 Kudos