Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Media server support for APL - Ubuntu

Vaibhav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to profile GPU metrics on Apollolake platform on ubuntu. I installed the generic driver for media server on ubuntu. When i try do run GPU hotspot analysis from vTune, I see an error saying "GPU usage events can be collected only on supported GPUs".

Could you please let me know if there is a problem with media server on APL- ubuntu?

regards,

vaibhav

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Vaibhav, 

Why did you decide to use Ubuntu for ApolloLake? Media Server Studio for Linux doesn't support ApolloLake processors, because this product is for server usage. But we have special package for APL called Intel(R) Media SDK for Embedded Linux. You can download it from here just selecting version "Embedded Linux*". But the supported OS here is Yocto. VTune works fine to analyze GPU performance on APL+Yocto+Media SDK.

Best wishes, 

Anna

0 Kudos
Vaibhav_S_Intel
Employee

I have one question-- I'm from ChomeOs team and we want to do GPU profiling on APL. Could you please suggest any profiling tool that is available for APL- chromeOS or ubuntu environment.

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Could you please provide me Ubuntu and driver versions?

0 Kudos