Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel MediaSDK Lens distortion correction (using RAW accelerator) can’t get the same corrected image as PTGUI and Matlab

yue_c_
Beginner

Intel MediaSDK Lens distortion correction (using RAW accelerator) can’t get the same corrected image as PTGUI and Matlab,even using the same parameters: a b c d.

1.The meida_raw_accelerator_man.pdf describes the 3rd degree polynomial for correcting lens distortion :

polynomial_1.png

After doing some research and reading articles,we found the polynomial for correcting lens distortion should be:

polynomial_2.png

2.We use polynomial num_2.png as the correcting polynomial.

Set parameters value: a=0.0925 b=-0.2676 c=-0.0997c=1.2755

Source image: circle.bmp

circle.jpg

PTGUI result: result_ptgui.bmp

result_ptgui.jpg

Matlab result:result_matlab.bmp

result_matlab.jpg

MediaSDK result: result_mediasdk_0.bmp

result_mediasdk_0.jpg

Matlab code:untitle.m

close all; clear all; clc;

tic;
A = imread('circle.bmp');
img_gray = rgb2gray(A);
[m,n,k] = size(A);
P =[0.0925   -0.2676   -0.0997    1.2755];
C=[];

x0 = m/2;
y0 = n/2;
for u=1:m
    for v=1:n
        r = sqrt((u-x0)^2+(v-y0)^2);
        rt = polyval(P,r/x0)*r;

if r ==0
            C(u,v,1)=A(x0,y0,1);
            C(u,v,2)=A(x0,y0,2);
            C(u,v,3)=A(x0,y0,3);         
        else 
            i = fix((u-x0)*rt/r)+x0;
             j = fix((v-y0)*rt/r)+y0;
            C(u,v,1)=A(i,j,1);
            C(u,v,2)=A(i,j,2);
            C(u,v,3)=A(i,j,3);
        end
    end
end
C = uint8(C);
imshow(C);

toc;

MediaSDK program: sample_camera_d.exe

MediaSDK command line:

sample_camera_d.exe -i bayer_circle.raw -f bggr -b 16 -w 4000 -h 3000 -lens 0.0925 -0.2676 -0.0997 1.2755 -o result_mediasdk_

PTGUI and Matlab can get the same result with the same params a,b,c and d. But the MediaSDK lens correction fails to get the same result under the same a b c d.

Now ,we call parameters of PTGUI and Matlab as a,b,c,d. The params of MediaSDK are abcdm.we want to know that :

(1)we know the value of the params a b c and d, how to set the value of abcdto get the same corrected image as PTGUI and Matlab.

(2)What’s the relationship between a b c d and  abcdm

(3)Does mediaSDK use polynomial num_2.png? If not,what is the mediaSDK polynomial for correcting.And how can we translate a b c d for quick correcting.

ps.does not the sample_camera.exe support the argb16 input format? the problem is described in the topic:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/704495

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yue_c_
Beginner

the source and destination image which is bmp format.And the bayer format of the source image . 

thanks.

0 Kudos