Media (Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools from Intel. This includes Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK.
2927 Discussions

Intel MediaSDK Lens distortion correction (using RAW accelerator) can’t get the same corrected image as PTGUI and Matlab

yue_c_
Beginner

Intel MediaSDK Lens distortion correction (using RAW accelerator) can’t get the same corrected image as PTGUI and Matlab,even using the same parameters: a b c d.

1.The meida_raw_accelerator_man.pdf describes the 3rd degree polynomial for correcting lens distortion :

polynomial_1.png

After doing some research and reading articles,we found the polynomial for correcting lens distortion should be:

polynomial_2.png

2.We use polynomial num_2.png as the correcting polynomial.

Set parameters value: a=0.0925 b=-0.2676 c=-0.0997c=1.2755

Source image: circle.bmp

circle.jpg

PTGUI result: result_ptgui.bmp

result_ptgui.jpg

Matlab result:result_matlab.bmp

result_matlab.jpg

MediaSDK result: result_mediasdk_0.bmp

result_mediasdk_0.jpg

Matlab code:untitle.m

close all; clear all; clc;

tic;
A = imread('circle.bmp');
img_gray = rgb2gray(A);
[m,n,k] = size(A);
P =[0.0925   -0.2676   -0.0997    1.2755];
C=[];

x0 = m/2;
y0 = n/2;
for u=1:m
    for v=1:n
        r = sqrt((u-x0)^2+(v-y0)^2);
        rt = polyval(P,r/x0)*r;

if r ==0
            C(u,v,1)=A(x0,y0,1);
            C(u,v,2)=A(x0,y0,2);
            C(u,v,3)=A(x0,y0,3);         
        else 
            i = fix((u-x0)*rt/r)+x0;
             j = fix((v-y0)*rt/r)+y0;
            C(u,v,1)=A(i,j,1);
            C(u,v,2)=A(i,j,2);
            C(u,v,3)=A(i,j,3);
        end
    end
end
C = uint8(C);
imshow(C);

toc;

MediaSDK program: sample_camera_d.exe

MediaSDK command line:

sample_camera_d.exe -i bayer_circle.raw -f bggr -b 16 -w 4000 -h 3000 -lens 0.0925 -0.2676 -0.0997 1.2755 -o result_mediasdk_

PTGUI and Matlab can get the same result with the same params a,b,c and d. But the MediaSDK lens correction fails to get the same result under the same a b c d.

Now ,we call parameters of PTGUI and Matlab as a,b,c,d. The params of MediaSDK are abcdm.we want to know that :

(1)we know the value of the params a b c and d, how to set the value of abcdto get the same corrected image as PTGUI and Matlab.

(2)What’s the relationship between a b c d and  abcdm

(3)Does mediaSDK use polynomial num_2.png? If not,what is the mediaSDK polynomial for correcting.And how can we translate a b c d for quick correcting.

ps.does not the sample_camera.exe support the argb16 input format? the problem is described in the topic:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/704495

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yue_c_
Beginner

the source and destination image which is bmp format.And the bayer format of the source image . 

thanks.