Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel MediaSDK Tutorial - Libva Init

bruno_b_
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how to use MediaSDK on Linux and at this purpose I'm using both the Media Server Studio samples and the MediaSDK tutorial simplified samples.

When I run the Media Server "sample_encode" everything works fine, and I have a good acceleration. I can see the GPU working through intel_gpu_top and libva is initialized correctly:

libva info: VA-API version 0.99.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

Instead when I run the MediaSDK "simple_encode" it looks like the libva can't be initialized and the VA-API version is different:

libva info: VA-API version 0.39.2
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Why is this happening? Could you please help me building the "simple_encoder" ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bruno_b_
Beginner

I solved the problem! It was in the makefile. I was using -ldrm instead of lva-drm.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bruno_b_
Beginner

I solved the problem! It was in the makefile. I was using -ldrm instead of lva-drm.

0 Kudos