Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel(R) Media Driver for VAAPI on windows

yifan
Beginner

I would like to disable binary kernels when compile the Intel Media SDK on windows,  which requires cmrt library (igfxcmrt64.so) installed and correctly running on the system to be able to run properly. However, I can only find the media-driver on Linux but not windows.

Any one have the experience or provide me with the driver on windows? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RaeesaM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are forwarding this case to the concerned team for faster and accurate response.

Raeesa

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Yifan,

In windows, we have a runtime library which distributed with Windows graphic driver. You can find the runtime library in the following directory:

~\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK

But I am not sure which file is for cmrt library.

Mark

0 Kudos
yifan
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Actually I need the driver https://github.com/intel/media-driver in Windows10, but it is for Linux, I don't know if the graphic driver you mentioned contains this driver?

And also I am sure that the graphic driver is installed in my PC(Surface Pro7), my vision is "igfx_win10_100.9030.exe". But I didn't see the folder you told me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Yifan,

https://github.com/intel/media-driver implements VAAPI which is an open source library that only used by Linux.

~\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK has the same content by implementing with Windows API requirements, in my directory, it includes following files:

libmfxhw32.dll, libmfxhw64.dll, mfx_mft_h264ve_32.dll, mfx_mft_h264ve_64.dll, mfx_mft_mjpgvd_32.dll, mfx_mft_mjpgvd_64.dll, mfxplugin32_hw.dll, mfxplugin64_hw.dll.

In the latest update, the files should be move to the following directories:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch.inf_amd64_xxxx

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\msdk.inf_amd64_xxxx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

I understood your motivation but not sure if you can figure out in Windows case.

Mark

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Yifan,

My apology for delayed response to your request. I have told dev team your request and they are evaluating this. It seems like we don't have this option in Windows vs. Linux. But I want to make sure we understood your use case:

My understanding to your process is, you have an application compiled with Media SDK. But you want to remove the dependency to the driver layer. What would be your use case? Since "media driver" is the only dependency in Linux, you want to know the equivalent component in Windows.

Mark

0 Kudos