Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel SDK for Atom D2700 PowerVR GPU for media acceleration

Fortier__Vincent
Beginner

Hi,

Synology provides pre-built libraries & header files to use acceleration of older Atom CPU models using PowerVR GPU.

Sadly the source code is not available making things sub-optimal for debugging and development.

By looking at the headers it is referred as "intelce-utilities" with the following license:

// This file is provided under a dual BSD/GPLv2 license.  When using or
// redistributing this file, you may do so under either license.
//
// GPL LICENSE SUMMARY
//
// Copyright(c) 2007-2012  Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Can the actual source code be found anywhere to help development on this older platform?

BTW, got redirected to here from:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/issues/1896

Thnx in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the late response.

I want to check how this product is connected to Intel via Synology and I searched "Intel® Media Processor SDK" everywhere, I can't find it.

The reason is, as Oleg mentioned in GitHub, D2700 is an old product and its video codec is IMG product. This is out of Media SDK product scope, so I guess Synology got it from other Intel group which might bundled PowerVR codec support, this might be why the name "Intel® Media Processor SDK" came but this is not the case since I can't find it.

I think the best way to start is to go Synology and find some clue on the original product and let me know, I can help to check which product it was.

Mark

0 Kudos
Fortier__Vincent
Beginner

Thnx for the reply.

I've already asked synology and it seems the source code cannot be made available.

As the directory refers to intel (e.g. "intelce-utilities") and Intel being mentioned in every header files such as:

ismd_core.h:  Copyright(c) 2006-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
ismd_core.h:  Intel Corporation

I sort of thought somewhere at intel this "SDK" would still exist and perhaps could be made available as, like you mentioned, this is a relatively old product...

I'll try to reconnect with synology and check if they can at the very least point me towards a contact or product name of some sort.

Thnx.

- vin

0 Kudos