Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel SDK for OpenCL crashes VS 2017

chris_st
Beginner

Since my feature update to Windows 10, version 1803, I can't run Visual Studio 2017 anymore. After showing splash screen it aborts silently.
My event logger reports the following error:

Application: devenv.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at Intel.CodeBuilderSessionManager.UnsafeNativeMethods.KBAPI_Init(System.String)
   at Intel.CodeBuilderSessionManager.KBAPIDataService..ctor()
   at Intel.CodeBuilderSessionManager.KBAPIDataService.get_Instance()
   at Intel.CodeBuilderSessionManager.CodeBuilderSessionManagerPackage.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IServiceProvider)

So I tried to uninstall Intel SDK OpenCL and after uninstalling the SDK VS 2017 worked well again. I tried to reinstall the newest version of the OpenCL SDK (Version 7.0.0.2567), but end up in the same situation: VS 2017 doesn't start anymore.

0 Kudos
0 Replies