Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel VMF SDK - Video Metadata Framework

HONGWU_W_
Beginner

This thread discusses Intel® Video Metadata Framework (VMF) SDK, which provides C++ programmers with functionality for creating, editing, storing and sharing metadata related to videos.

Metadata is data that describes the characteristics or properties of a resource. Intel® VMF SDK allows developers to define and create metadata of any form, and about any resource type. Intel VMF SDK embeds metadata within the host video file or video stream, so that no additional files are needed to store the metadata.

Intel® VMF SDK can be found at: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-video-metadata-framework-sdk.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
celli4
New Contributor I

link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-video-metadata-framework-sdk

says "access denied"

0 Kudos
HONGWU_W_
Beginner

The VMF webpage on IDZ will be open to public access in the next few days. This thread was created so that the thread URL can be referenced by the webpage.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
HONGWU_W_
Beginner
0 Kudos
Belova_A_
Beginner

Excuse me, but I do'nt understand, why I do'nt see src-folder??? Where are all cpp-files??? I'm explaining: I need installing and building vmf sdk for windows-7, 32 bit, msvc 2010. In specification I hav'nt found install-instructions, but only for samples. Pleas!!! Tell me please, what's wrong??? (excuse me for my english). My e-mail: iron-cat@rambler.ru 

0 Kudos
HONGWU_W_
Beginner

The SDK is not an open source project at this moment. I am sorry if any of the documents contains instructions for building VMF from source code. We are considering open sourcing it. We will update the page when it goes open source.

The package you’ve downloaded contains VMF 32 bit windows using MSVC 2010. You can find it in the x86\vc10 folder.

0 Kudos
Belova_A_
Beginner

I just have realized that it is proprietary software. I am sorry! But I have a problems: samples are not built, the program from textbook does not compile ... It is not convenient, of course, that the sources are closed ....

Where I can ask questions about workin with VMF for msvc 2010? Here? Or, may be, special topic is existing?

0 Kudos
HONGWU_W_
Beginner

Can you describe the problems you got during compiling?

Yes, you can ask any question about VMF in this thread, including question about VMF for MSVC 2010.

0 Kudos