Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel Xeon E3 1226 v3 support?

Max_L_
Beginner

Is Intel Xeon E3 1226 v3 supported for Quicksync?

I have motherboard S1200V3RPL, but is this CPU supported with new version of quicksync? Or only 1286?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Yes, Intel Xeon E3 1226 v3 supports Quicksync video. To know the exact configuration and support for your specific motherboard. Please refer to ark.intel.com . where you can select and filter all the Xeon family hardware supporting Quicksync. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
celli4
New Contributor I

That motherboard along with that CPU should provide quick sync capabilities, but it is important to know that the various packages supporting Intel Media SDK do not always offer support for the low end CPUs, in particular in some cases only support is offered with the highest numbered CPU.

I am not an Intel representative.

0 Kudos
Max_L_
Beginner

This document:  https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/12/a9/media_server_studio_getting_started_guide_linux.pdf   tells that only 128x CPU are supported.

If it is so than it makes QuickSync not interesting for commercial purposes.

Please, can you officially confirm or not confirm that 1226 is supported with the latest quicksync SDK?

0 Kudos