Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Intel Xeon server hangs & reboots during ffmpeg tool installation

poovarasan_d_
Beginner

I have enabled QSV with reference of the streambuilder's enabling-iqsv documentation (http://streambuilder.pro/docs/requirements/enabling-iqsv/).

I have installed ffmpeg with `--enable-nonfree --enable-libmfx` configurations, configuration command was successfully done.Then, I invoke `make` and our server gets hanged in few seconds and it will gets rebooted automatically. its seems that it would be compilation issue.

MACHINE DETAILS : 

Server : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1285 v4 3.50GHz w/ Supermicro X10SLH-F

Kernel : Linux 3.10.0-229.1.2.44985.MSSr7.el7.centos.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Nov 9 16:26:25 PST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

./configure --prefix="/usr/ffmpeg" --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/ffmpeg_build/include" --extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib" --bindir="$HOME/bin" --pkg-config-flags="--static" --enable-nonfree --enable-libmfx
make 
--- SIGCHLD {si_signo=SIGCHLD, si_code=CLD_EXITED, si_pid=2068, si_status=0, si_utime=0, si_stime=0} ---
rt_sigreturn()                          = 2068
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [HUP INT QUIT TERM XCPU XFSZ], NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
stat("libavcodec/intrax8dsp.o", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=82840, ...}) = 0
stat("libavcodec/ituh263dec.o", 0x7ffff86affb0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("libavcodec/ituh263dec.c", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=38617, ...}) = 0
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [HUP INT QUIT TERM XCPU XFSZ], NULL, 8) = 0
vfork()                                 = 2072
rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
wait4(-1, CC libavcodec/ituh263dec.o

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Pooravasan,

This is more like a FFmpeg issue, could you submit the same question to http://trac.ffmpeg.org/?

Mark

0 Kudos