Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intel mdia SDK jpeg encoder with gstreamer splitmuxsink not working

Prasad__Nagendra
Beginner

Hi,

I am using intel media SDK jpeg encoder, and passing the encoded frames to the below gstreamer pipeline.

appsrc caps='image/jpeg,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1' ! splitmuxsink muxer=matroskamux max-size-time=10000000000 location=video_%05d.mkv.

and the file is not splitting. and when i stop the application one big file is created.

I tried avc,hevc encoders with the same gstreamer pipeline it(file splitting) works.

And I also tried using gstreamer-media-SDK mfxjpegenc with the below commandline pipeline ..

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=60/1,format=YUY2 ! mfxjpegenc ! splitmuxsink muxer=matroskamux max-size-time=10000000000 location=video_%05d.mkv.

and the file is not splitting.

And if I use jpegenc (not mfxjpegenc) with the same gstreamer pipeline it(splitting) works.

Please help me solving this problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Prasad,

I am trying to understand your test, do you want an mkv file encoded by motion JPEG input and output a series of JPEG file output?

Mark

0 Kudos
Prasad__Nagendra
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Thanks for asking.

My test case is, I read YUY2(raw) frames from camera and use Intel media SDK motion JPEG encoder to encode, and create file. Split 10 secs once upload to server. I am using gstreamer splitmuxsink to split files after every 10 secs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Prasad,

Sorry to ask but I want some more information to help you:

• Could you try this with our sample code? If the sample code can do MJPEG encode, then this should be the porting layer problem of GStreamer. Since you are using it through GStreamer, I need to figure out if this is GStreamer or Media SDK or in-between problems.
  • How do you install GStreamer and enabled QSV? There are several QSV plugins and I want to know which one you chosen.

Mark

0 Kudos