Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Intel processor Graphics is screened by independent card on H61 chipset.

Gaiger_Chen
New Contributor I
Hi :

This problem I do not know which forum I should post....If it is not suitable here, please tell me th delete this.

I have 3 computers which are with processor graphics

1. i5-2410M + HM65, with nv gt540 ( laptop, on nvidia optimus, with a switch to intel processor graphics / nv graphics )

2. i7-2600 + Z68, with NV gtx 550 TI ( desktop)

3. i5-2400 + H61, with NV 9600gt ( desktop)

The 1. is work very well to switch cuda/ intel quick sync video by a switcher.

The 2, there is no video outpout( DVI/HDMI/VGA) on the mother board, I could not using media sdk to encode/decode by hardware! ( there is no device); but there is video output on the mother board, I could use intel quick sync video/CUDA at the same time.

The 3. is the miserable, I COULD NOT install intel processor graphics driver on that !( there is no suitable device)

Is it possible to let 3. works with intel quick sync video, and the 9600gt is not removal.

May I ask, is that a limit for H61/H67/P67/Z68 ?

If there is a indepentent graphic card on a computer with intel processor graphics, I guess:

H61 : screened totally, no video output, no intel quick sync video.

H67: no video output, intel quick sync video works.

H67: no video output( of couse), intel quick sync video works.

Z68, video output works, intel quick sync video works if there is a HDMI/VGA/DVI terminal on the mother board.

Is there right?

thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Gaiger,

Regarding systems with discrete graphics cards installed. If you want both graphics devices to be available you must first make sure they are both enabled in the BIOS.

If I interpret (2) correctly you are saying that you can get Media SDK/QSV to work if you connect a monitor to the motherboard video output. This is expected behavior. The OS expectes a monitor to be connected to enable activation of the device driver.

Also, if not already, please refer to the appendix part of the Media SDK documentation for details on how to initialize Media SDK sessions using non-primary graphics adapters. If that is the case, some things to keep in mind is to use MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE(2-4) and to create the D3D device on the specific Intel GPU adapter.

Please also check out the following forum item for some more methods on using Intel QSV for multi graphics card configurations.http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=86355&o=a&s=lr

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
Gaiger_Chen
New Contributor I
Hi Petter:

thanks your guide. After swtch IGP on in bios and force using MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE, the QSV works very well.
thank you again !

Gaiger
0 Kudos