Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Intra refresh option

Harris_G_
Novice

Hi all.

I managed to get H.264 encoder to work in hardware mode and I am really amazed by the performance. My issue is that since there is no hardware implementation that controls/limits the maximum NAL size, I tried to enable periodic intra refresh but I get an error of -15 which corresponds to invalid video parameters. I really want to use periodic intra refresh for the sake of bandwidth because I want to integrate the encoder in a real-time streaming application. Generation of IDR frames create spikes in bandwidth consumption and as a result packets are being dropped at the receiver side.

What I would like to know is what options are incompatible with periodic intra refresh in order to turn them off or modify them accordingly and what is a typical value for the refresh cycle. My version of SDK is1.7

I look forward to hearing from you.

Harris

0 Kudos
0 Replies