Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Is EndOfStream deprecated?

BMart1
New Contributor II

The reference manual advises using EndOfStream​ with MFXVideoENCODE_Reset but EndOfStream​ is deprecated according to the mfxExtCodingOption documentation. Who's wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Bruno,

Thanks so much for checking and reporting our document errors, this is a big help for us since the document errors sometimes are hard to find.

Yes, I can confirm the error you point out:

In the latest reference manual, 

Page 16: it says: "The application must set the initial encoding configuration flag EndOfStream of the mfxExtCodingOption structure to OFF to avoid inserting an End of Stream (EOS) marker into the bitstream."

while in page 57, it says the field EndOFStream of mfxExtCodingOption was deprecated.

I will file a bug to fix it.

Mark

0 Kudos
BMart1
New Contributor II

Thanks, Mark.

Bruno

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Bruno,

Apology for the long delay, we have a fix to this issue and it is in GitHub now.

The related document was removed:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/pull/2502/files

Let me know if you have questions.

Mark

0 Kudos