Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Is live transcode supported by Media SDK for Linux server?

Chao_Xu
Beginner

as subjuct.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Yes, Media SDK for Linux Servers and for Windows can support live transcode.  One way is to just put each session in its own thread and let the thread sleep for any remaining time so it can maintain expected framerate.

If you haven't already, please feel free to sign up for the Media SDK for Linux Beta: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/media-sdk-linux.  You'll get access to the Media SDK for Linux Servers forum as part of your beta registration for any Linux-specific questions.

0 Kudos
Chao_Xu
Beginner

Hi, Jeffrey. Is the "session" here you say refer to the session set up by the dispatcher when the app initializes? Would you tell me more detail or  where can I  find the detailed info about live transcode? I really want to try this function. The expected test scene will be--a video file in one format input the test program, while it be output in another format in real time.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Yes, I was referring to standard Media SDK sessions.  However, even though live transcode is possible with Media SDK there is no "live mode" to enable with Media SDK settings.  This would be handled externally, by your application.  By default Media SDK will finish each frame as quickly as possible.  Your application would need to handle the real-time aspects of live transcode, though this could be as simple as inserting delays where necessary.

0 Kudos