Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Is there any bench-marking results for Intel OCL ME advance quality ?

virendra_s_
Beginner

I have customerize intel_ocl_motion_estimation_advanced to dump motion vectors in to a text file and used it for bench-marking on KITTI tool.   KITTI is used for optical flow motion vector bench-marking which can be accessed from : http://www.cvlibs.net/datasets/kitti/eval_scene_flow.php?benchmark=flow.  The input to KITTI is a png file so i converted motion vectors per 8x8 to a pixel based png file where each 8x8 block has same motion vector. 

KITTI provide its own set of optical flow results(ground truth). I used intel ME results against KITTI ground truth(GT) for 194 clips. The disparity between GT and Intel ME is 32% which looks quite high in number.  I figured out intel ME only works for even resolution so i black padded the input file after that i got 24% disparity for block 8x8 and 26% for block 4x4(again surprising). But this is the best result so far.

Command line: MotionEstimationAdvanced.exe --input ./outputyuv/000000_11.yuv --output ./intel_8x8/intel_8x8_0.txt --width 1226 --height 370 --precision quarter --block 8x8 

Can i improve better here through command line?

Is their a way to turn off intra MB ?

Is their a way to feed external Hints ?

0 Kudos
0 Replies