Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Issue in Intel Sample Muxing with FFMPEG of Memory leak

Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello,

I have Intel sample code of Muxing find here named msdk-ffmpeg-integration.zip : https://software.intel.com/protected-download/267277/326585 ;

The issue is that when i run this sample_encode , i find that memory is keep on increasing in Task Manager. Help me to solve the issue.

Also i find comment in  pipeline_encode.cpp -> Class CEncodingPipeline function Close that : 

// =========== ffmpeg muxer integration ============
    // "FreeFileWriters()" added. Bug in original sample code! Fix required to ensure proper finalization of file/containers.

Help me .

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Mohammad,

The version for sample_encode (Intel sample code of Muxing) you are referring to is very very old (its from 2012). This  sample is one of the deprecated sample and no longer supported, we do not encourage its use and is still up just as reference, mean bugs in this version of the sample  will not be fixed. This sample has many known issues as you can see from comment section of the code. Also since 2012 there has been many releases of FFMPEG and MSDK samples and many changes in interfaces for both.   

I would recommend to start with latest version of sample_encode (https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/MediaSamples_Windows_6.0.0.68.msi) and verify if issue is reproducible, yes, then please share a reproducer and we can help to resolve it. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rshal2
New Contributor II

Hi Mohammed,

Did you resolve the issue ?

try to use valgrind. (I'm not sure about the correctness of other method )

Regards,

Ran

0 Kudos
Mohammad_T_1
Beginner

Hello,

Yes issue is solved. Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos