Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Issue in enabling both MFX_EXTBUFF_VPP_COMPOSITE and MFX_EXTBUFF_VPP_PROCAMP features in VPP

Thushara_Jayakumar

Hi,

I am using Media Server Studio 2016. I am trying to configure different parameters for sample_vpp which came along with the SDK. 

I am facing an issue when I have both COMPOSITE and PROCAMP mode enabled in VPP.

With only one image input, image controls like brightness, hue, contrast, saturation setting are working properly.

Sample command line:

./sample_vpp -lib hw -sw 1280 -sh 720 -scc nv12 -dw 1280 -dh 720 -dcc nv12 -pa_hue -180 -pa_bri 100 -i Fine_1280_720_NV12.yuv -o out.yuv

When enabling composite mode, along with other image control , the final output is not having any image properties changed.

Sample command line:

./sample_vpp -lib hw -scc nv12 -dcc nv12 -pa_hue -180 -pa_bri 100  -composite parameters.par -o out.yuv

parmeters.par:

primarystream=Fine_1280_720_NV12.yuv

width=1280

height=720
cropx=0
cropy=0
cropw=1280
croph=720
dstx=0
dsty=0
dstw=1280
dsth=720
stream=collage_512_384_NV12.yuv
width=512
height=384
cropx=0
cropy=0
cropw=512
croph=384
dstx=100
dsty=100
dstw=512
dsth=384
GlobalAlphaEnable=1
GlobalAlpha=100

Is this mode of operation not supported in VPP or this particular sample application is not handling this use-case.

Thanks in advance

Thushara Jayakumar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Thushara,

According to Media SDK Reference Manual (<install folder>\Intel(R)_Media_SDK_2016.0.2\doc\mediasdk-man.pdf) In composition mode the vpp skips any other filters. So you need to create separate session for brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and other filters you want to apply.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos