Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Issue with sample_encode h265 hw on Skylake

ramya_s_
Beginner

Hey, 

I followed the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/593838 to a T and executed the following command line 

sample_encode.exe h265 -hw -d3d -hevc_encoder_plugin 1 -i C\apple_tree.yuv -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 30 -o C:\Encodedbitstreams\apple_tree_1000.hevc -u speed -b 1000 -async 3 -p 6fadc791a0c2eb479ab6dcd5ea9da347

I got a pop up saying my Intel HDGraphic Drivers have stopped working and are recovering. The encoding did not begin. The console printed some information like input file format,output video etc and thats it. 

The software version, with command line 

sample_encode.exe h265 -sw -hevc_encoder_plugin 1 -i C\apple_tree.yuv -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 30 -o C:\Encodedbitstreams\apple_tree_1000.hevc -u speed -b 1000 -async 3 -p 2fca99749fdb49aeb121a5b63ef568f7 works completely fine ! 

Sys specs: Intel -7 6700K, Windows 10, using latest intel hevc encoder r6 proffessional trial version. 

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Ramya,

Can you please share a log from system analyzer tool. Please check and confirm from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/, if you have latest driver installed on your system?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ramya_s_
Beginner

Thanks,

I updated my driver and it works. You may close the thread. 

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Glad your issue was resolved with driver update. Sure, we will close this thread. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos