Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

JPEG hardware encoding with oneVPL of RGB data

akeenanahaliena
Beginner

I would like to fast encode jpegs and want to use the hardware features of CPUs. Here oneVPL of Intel should be used as far as i see (is the follower of Intel Media SDK). The interface seems very chaotic for my low c skills... Can anyone tell me how i can use it to e.g. convert a simple cv::Mat of UC3 into a jpeg binary stream (maybe with quality parameter)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @akeenanahaliena

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some inquiries regarding Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK so we are moving it to the Media (Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK) Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

We have oneVPL samples in our github repository which consists of onevpl encode and decode samples with all necessary steps mentioned in the README file. Could you try onevpl encode sample from our github (https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/Libraries/oneVPL/hello-encode) and let us know the updates?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

In our previous post, we had mentioned an onevpl encode sample. Did you find time to try that sample?

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

I assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos