Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Last few frames are dropped while decode with intel H264_qsv decoder

Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Anna B,

I tried to install MSS SDK on HSW system , right now i can able to triggered HW accelerators (h264_qsv decoder),

I am trying to compare decoding outputs with qsv decoder and without qsv decoder (default decoder )those two outputs are not matched..

commands used are as follows..

1) with qsv : ./ffmpeg -vcodec h264_qsv -r 30 -i input.264 -pix_fmt yuv420p output_qsv.yuv

2) with out qsv : ./ffmpeg -i input.264 output_x264.yuv ( default decoder )

these output_qsv.yuv and output_x264.yuv files are not matched..

I think that both decoders (with and with out qsv options....) should match right..?

ffmpeg version -- ffmpeg-3.0.1 downloaded from ​https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

This is a latest one build from source repo only..

I have faced few issues like:

i) duplicate frames are existing into the output sequence and some frames are also dropped and most of the sequences getting " 0 " th frame twice while decoding with h264_qsv decoder,
ii) few frames are also dropped into output file,
please give reply as soon as possible, please let me know any information needed..

Thanks & Regards,

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you for creating separate topic. Please attach output .yuv files and input h.264 stream.

Best wishes, Anna

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Anna B,

Thanks for quick response,

Attached input stream and with and without qsv yuv's also,please check it once.

please let me know any information needed..

Thanks & regards,

L V Giribabu.

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Anna B,

attached another test case with input h264 (CIF) and corresponding decoding yuv with and with out qsv , please look on to it once..

Thanks & regards,

L V Giribabu. 

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Anna B,

I think that those two output.yuv's should match (with and with out qsv decoding yuv's), Am I correct ?

but here these two output.yuv's are not matched,due to duplicate & dropped frames are existing while decoding with Intel h264_qsv decoder..

Is there any issue with intel qsv decoder ? or Am I missing anything here ?

Regards,

L V Giribabu.

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Dear Giri,

Two output decoded streams may have differences, but duplicated and dropped frames are abnormal. In this case it seems like it's FFMPEG problem, because our sample_decode doesn't duplicate and drop frames. Try to use sample_decode.

Best wishes, Anna

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Anna B,

I am getting issues while decoding with H264_qsv decoder , I think that issue with Intel qsv decoder only, not in ffmpeg decoder..

Right now I have faced few issues like:

Duplicated & dropped frames are existing into the output sequence and most of the sequences getting "0 th"
   frame twice while decoding with h264_qsv decoder only,

one more thing I mentioned that :

1) output_with_qsv.yuv is a file exists with Intel h264_qsv decoder, commands used: 

./ffmpeg -vcodec h264_qsv -i input.264 -pix_fmt yuv420p output_with_qsv.yuv ( Intel HW h264_qsv decoder )

--> with qsv sequence have duplicate & dropped frames are exists  while decoding with Intel h264_qsv decoder only

2) output_without_qsv.yuv is a file exists with ffmpeg decoder, command used:

./ffmpeg -i input.264 output_without_qsv.yuv ( ffmpeg decoder )

--> here NO dropped/duplicated frames are exists ..

I tried with your sample_decode also,  it doesn't exists dropped & duplicate frames as you mentioned,

but my requirement needs to use intel h264_qsv hw accelerator only,bcs of using h264_qsv accelerators cpu utilization almost zero.. 

please help me regarding this..

Regards,

L V Giribabu.

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Giri,

h264_qsv and sample_decode use the same Media SDK hardware acceleration. Open source developers just integrated MSDK into FFMPEG and Intel isn't responsible for their code. So if  sample_decode works well, but h264_qsv makes duplicates and drops - the problem is in integration MSDK into FFMPEG. Please try to ask your question at FFMPEG forum. 

Best wishes, Anna

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Anna B,

Thank you very much, I will try to post on FFMPEG forum...

regards,

Giri.

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear All,

Is any document that are related steps need to follow while configure intel qsv with LIBAV , right now I am trying to use qsv with LIBAV but unable to configure libmfx.

regards,

L V GiriBabu.

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Jeffrey,

Thank for giving quick reply, I want to configure LIBAV with intel qsv decoder,I know how to configure qsv with ffmpeg,

my requirement need to configure intel qsv decoder with LIBAV , not ffmpeg, I am asking doc that are related to Intel qsv decoder using LIBAV open source...

Regards,

L V GiriBabu.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Giri,

I'd just like to clarify -- do you mean you're looking for how to use the QSV decoder in an application using the libav API, like the example code in the doc/examples directory of ffmpeg?

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Jeffrey,

Yes, exactly,I am looking for how to use the QSV decoder( -c:v H264_qsv ) in an application using the LIBAV API..

Regards,

L V Giribabu.

0 Kudos
Giri_b_
Beginner

Dear Jeffrey,

I tried to use the h264_qsv decoder with an application using the FFMPEG API, but few elementary streams are not decode, I am getting an issue like.. Segmentation fault,That's why I am looking alternate application using the LIBAV API..

Regards,

L V GiriBabu.

0 Kudos