Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Loading INTEL media SDK dll thorugh mingw project.

Rishab_G_2
Beginner

Hello ,

I am linking Intel Media SDK (libmfxsw64.dll) with a mingw project but I am receiving segmentation fault while calling its API's like MFXVideoVPP_Query. I need to confirm is it possible to loading the dll using mingw project ? 

If yes , please suggest the steps to be followed !!!

Regards

Rishab

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

The DLL should be accessed through the dispatcher (libmfx), and the precompiled library shipped with the product assumes Visual Studio.  Theoretically it is possible to compile your own libmfx in mingw, which would enable you to compile a project in mingw. (It has been used successfully in Handbrake.)  

The source is available in the 'opensource' directory where Media SDK is installed.  However, we don't have much to help with a mingw build yet.  

0 Kudos