Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

LookAhead hang with depth 10

RyanS
New Contributor I

My AVC encode always hangs when using LookAhead BRC with depth 10, but not other values (11, 40, 100). I have permuted a few things like source video (including different sizes), target usage, target bitrate, and they all hang. It looks like 10 is supposed to be a legal value.

Is there some other interacting parameter that I may have set incorrectly?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Ryan,

This sounds like a known issue which should be fixed already in latest driver. Which driver version you are seeing this with?

Thanks,

Nina

0 Kudos
RyanS
New Contributor I

I downloaded and installed the driver on the day of my post, and intended to get the latest version. It is: 9.18.10.3257 on Win 8 x64 

I have a Core i7 4770.

0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Ryan,

You are right, you are using the latest driver available on intel.com and it does have this issue. A fix will be available with the next driver update. Until then please use depth = 11 or higher, should be no big difference between 10 and 11 actually.

Thank you for reporting the problem.

Regards,

Nina 

0 Kudos