Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MFX_ERR_GPU_HANG when using several decoding/encoding applications

OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have informed you about the MFX_ERR_GPU_HANG error several times, and described the reproducers. E.g., here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/MFX-ERR-GPU-HANG-when-using-several-decoding-encoding/m-p/1126121

Today I have additional information that can help you to fix.

Drivers bundle (Windows) 9316 and 9466 still have MFX_ERR_GPU_HANG issue. But I noticed that error appears only when INTERLACED signals are ENCODED. This was found in long-run tests on 9466 driver, where interlaced signals were decoded, and both interlaced and progressive signals were encoded. Only interlaced-encoding applications failed, others worked well.

Furthermore, a good driver 9039 was dicovered. It does not produce MFX_ERR_GPU_HANG errors, even when using interlaced-encoding.

You may also find this link useful: https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/Errors-when-using-several-encoding-applications/m-p/1176767#M12891

0 Kudos
1 Solution
OTorg
New Contributor III

It seems that the driver version 9955 no longer has MFX_ERR_GPU_HANG issueFinally!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Thanks for sharing your observations. We will check on this issue internally.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Alek,

Thanks so much for the info, I read your comment and this is very useful. As far as I can tell, this would add more clues to the solution and I will send this to dev team.

Also thanks for the great patient with us, let me push to solve earlier.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi,
Is there any news on the issue under discussion?

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Alek,

Apology for the delay of the investigation, I have posted to dev team and ask them to check it again.

Please feel free to remind me if I didn't get it back in a week.

Mark Liu

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

Reminder: 1.5 weeks has passed ...

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks Olek.

Yes, I have another push to dev team for update. The situation is better now, it is assigned to specific engineer so I can ask directly.

I will keep you updated.

Mark

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

Is there any news?

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

It seems that the driver version 9955 no longer has MFX_ERR_GPU_HANG issueFinally!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos