Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR error in decodeframeasync

Zurab_T_
Beginner

I have some trouble with decoding. Can anyone tell me what does this error?

I am decoding mpeg2 stream.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you provide more information about what you are doing to see this error?

Are you seeing the error when you use one of the samples with an elementary MPEG2 (video-only) media stream?

If you are using the Video Decoding Sample pleases describe the line that shows this error.  You should not see this error as return of MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync call.  It is error of other calls, and MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync can return other errors.

0 Kudos
Zurab_T_
Beginner
Hi, I am using sample_decode_drm and i am getting this error as result of MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync. I am using vaapi hw accelerator and out_video_memery with external frameallocator. If i use internalframeallocator than everything is working.
0 Kudos
Zurab_T_
Beginner
Is there any debug symbols available for downloading to check what wrang?
0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

I'll have to check on availability of symbols for Linux Servers.  if internal allocation works, but your external version does not, it may be a video memory allocation requirement that is not being met (width must be multiple of 16, etc.).

0 Kudos