Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MFX_ERR_UNKNOWN returned from MFXVideoDECODE_Init under Windows 7 and D3D11

Joel2
Beginner

Hi,

I encountered a problem calling MFXVideoDECODE_Init with hardware acceleration under Windows 7 and D3D11 using the latest HD2000 driver and Media SDK 2013 R2. The function returns MFX_ERR_UNKNOWN apparently due to an access violation inside libmfxhw32.dll. Please see attached log files (Media SDK Trace tool - analyser.log ; Visual Studio Stack and Module trace ; Graphic Driver report).

The same code runs flawless under Windows 8 (HD4000) and Windows 7 with D3D9 (HD2000 - same platform as above).

Note that I must use D3D11 since my application is a service running in session 0, therefore it has no access to the desktop.

Another issue occurs on the same Windows 7 platform with the software library. There I get MFX_ERR_UNDEFINED_BEHAVIOR from Vpp. Please refer to the Software.log attached file. Everything runs fine on Windows 8 with the software library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Joel.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry, the Intel MediaSDK only supports D3D11.1 API on Windows 8 or newer, and not the D3D11.0 API that is available on Windows 7.

See "system requirements" section of the MediaSDK release notes.

0 Kudos