Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MFX_HANDLE_VA_DISPLAY mfxHandleType even not exist !!!!!!!!

zheng_s_
Beginner

I download the Media sdk Linux version and install on my linux machine.I try to build my first decode-piple code. I just copy the orignial source code with my wrapper. here is the orignal code from sample_decode/pipeline_decode.cpp

sts = m_mfxSession.SetHandle(static_cast<mfxHandleType>(MFX_HANDLE_VA_DISPLAY), va_dpy);

but compiler compalin the MFX_HANDLE_VA_DISPLAY not defined. Then I check the header file definition in /opt/intel/mediasdk/include/mfxstructures.h

typedef enum {
    MFX_HANDLE_DIRECT3D_DEVICE_MANAGER9         =1,      /* IDirect3DDeviceManager9      */
    MFX_HANDLE_D3D9_DEVICE_MANAGER              = MFX_HANDLE_DIRECT3D_DEVICE_MANAGER9,
    MFX_HANDLE_RESERVED1                        = 2,
    MFX_HANDLE_D3D11_DEVICE                     = 3,
    MFX_HANDLE_RESERVED2                        = 4,
    MFX_HANDLE_RESERVED3                        = 5
} mfxHandleType;
The MFX_HANDLE_VA_DISPLAY even dont exist !!!! And looks it supports Windows DirectX Only!!!!!!

here i

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

While it is true that the mfxHandleType enum in mfxstructures.h shows its Windows roots, you can find MFX_HANDLE_VA_DISPLAY in mfxlinux.h.

0 Kudos