Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MFX_WRN_DEVICE_BUSY while using software decoder

koby_s_
Beginner

Hi

I am using the decoder to decode mpeg2 video stream.

For some strange reason I am getting this warning.

According to the sdk reference manual it's possible to get this warning while using hw accelerated decoder. it says nothing about this warning when using sw decoder.

Is it a bug?

Thank you

koby

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Koby,

Interesting, MFX_WRN_DEVICE_BUSY warning is observed when using sw decoder. To further understand more about your application use case, can you share following details?

1) Are you using latest MSDK 2016?

2) Share a log from system analyzer tool: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/media-sdk-tools

3) Please a share a reproducer ( you can use sample_decode from sample package: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/MediaSamples_Windows_6.0.0.68.msi), so we can understand MediaSDK parameters set in your application and use-case. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
koby_s_
Beginner

Hi Harsh
At that time I used Server studio 2015R7 (windows). right now I am using Server studio 2016 and I didn't see that behaviour.
I will report back if and when it will happen.

Thank you
koby

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Koby,

Thanks for the update. With update to MSS 2016 release resolved this issue. Lets close this thread. Please feel free to start a new thread on forum for further questions.

Thanks,  

0 Kudos