Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MFXInit with MFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE creates D3D9 device indeed

OTorg
New Contributor III

MFXInit with MFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE makes a lot of unnecessary/undesirable ponderous actions.
Let's look at mfx_dispatch code.
MFXLibraryIterator::Init() assigns MFX_IMPL_VIA_ANY to m_implInterface, then calls dxvaDevice.InitD3D9().
And only then MFXLibraryIterator::SelectDLLVersion() refuses current libIterator.
Why? I've asked for software implementation! I don't want to load-use-unload a lot of d3d9.dll/igdumd32.dll/nvd3dum.dll/etc libraries...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

That is valid feedback. We'll explore how to improve this for Media SDK 2014.

BTW. The Media SDK dispatcher is open source. You can, if you want, make your own changes and build for your specific needs.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

I have already changed the dispatcher for my needs.
But:
1. I do not think a good idea to examine and modify mfx_dispatch on each new sdk release.
2. I want other developers to be benefited.
So I'll be glad to see those changes in the next sdk release. Thank you!

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Issue was not fixed in imsdk 1.8 (Intel Media SDK 2014 for Clients).

0 Kudos