Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MFXReadWriteMid extension

OTorg
New Contributor III

Recently I have discovered pretty, but potentially dangerous, MFXReadWriteMid extension for mfxMemId essence.

It resides at current github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/samples, but was born ages ago, at pre-github epoch.

MFXReadWriteMid uses the upper bit of address variable to indicate it's extended interpretation (actual MemId + read_write flags, one more indirection level).
Which can lead to damages inside LARGEADDRESSAWARE/3GB/increaseuserva/etc applications.

So, my question concerns area of MFXReadWriteMid utilization.

Is it used inside samples code only?
Or, is "extended version" of mfxMemId can be passed into my mfxFrameAllocator::Lock() function from intel's mfx engine implementation (from libmfxhw.dll)?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Alek,

This should sample only.

The code belongs to the common utility for the sample code and used for D3D11 allocator. This is out of the scope of Media SDK library which excludes the memory management and rendering.

Let me know if this answers your concerns.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Alek,

This should sample only.

The code belongs to the common utility for the sample code and used for D3D11 allocator. This is out of the scope of Media SDK library which excludes the memory management and rendering.

Let me know if this answers your concerns.

Mark

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Thank you!

0 Kudos