Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

MFXVideoCORE_SyncOperation returns MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED

crofts__kevin
Beginner

I am using Windows.

I have a successful pipeline which is successfully working using multiple sessions and VIDEO memory. I now need to output the resultant frame to SYSTEM memory. I am using the following IOPATTERN

IOPattern = MFX_IOPATTERN_IN_VIDEO_MEMORY | MFX_IOPATTERN_OUT_SYSTEM_MEMORY;

To create a system allocator I use SysMemFrameAllocator.

I create a new session and use MFXJoinSession to join this session to the parent session.

I run MFXVideoVPP_RunFrameVPPAsync which returns ERR_NONE.

The mfxVideoParams for the surface in and surface out are identical.

MFXVideoCORE_SyncOperation returnjs MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED. How do I get the raw surface back into SYSTEM memory?

kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Kevin,

I am trying to understand your programming structure:

1. You have a decoding session and a VPP session, each runs separately and join together at the end.

2. You didn't output the result frame previously and you want to output it by the system surface, when you change the output of VPP from the video surface to system surface, you had the error.

Could you clarify?

Normally, I will have following choices:

1. Check our tutorial code or sample code for the workable programming method.

2. Do a single session with the original code to see if you get the same error.

Mark

0 Kudos