Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MFXVideoDECODE::DecodeHeader returns MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED

Bob_K_
Beginner

Whatever I try, this function call fails

I initialized the session as

mfxVersion version;

version.Major = 1;

version.Minor = 0;

session.init( MFX_IMPL_SOFTWARE, &version )

Which does not return error.

Any ideas what could be the problem,

From what I saw in my debugger

libmfxsw32.dll gets loaded

I am running this on pretty old hardware: Intel Pentium(R0 M @ 2.00GHz with windows7, 32 bit

Could this have something to do with it ? What is the minimum required hardware in order to do software H264 decoding ?

Thanks for any hints,

Bob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Bob, If your target is SW then you must make sure the "libmfx<32/64>.dll" is in the same folder as executable or in system path. With regards to your platform, since you use SW target it should work. What version of Media SDK are you using? Can you run the samples (such as sample_decode) provided with the SDK using SW target? Regards, Petter
0 Kudos