Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MFXVideoVPP_Init taking too long

crofts__kevin
Beginner

Hi

I have successfully implement a pipeline which involved using the VPP in 3 different ways. Unfortunately as the mfxVideoParam requires new values I have to use the MFXVideoVPP_Init to reset the VPP each time. This then causes a serious delay in the pipeline. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
2 Replies
crofts__kevin
Beginner

Hi

So what I understand is that the Session is restricted to one VPP. So I believe I must create new 2 child sessions using MFXJoinSession from the original session.  Each new session will then allow me to run 3 VPPs altogether. However, when I try to run MFXVideoVPP_Init with the new child session it returns MFX_ERR_INVALID_VIDEO_PARAM.

I know the mfxVideoParam must be OK as it worked previously with the parent session. Any help greatly appreciated as there appears to be no description of how this should work or any examples.

Thanks

Kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
crofts__kevin
Beginner

Hi

After a bit of trial and error I have managed to get MFXVideoVPP_Init to return ERR_NONE. In order to get this to work I have used MFXVideoCORE_SetFrameAllocator in order to set the child session external frame allocator to the parent session frame allocator. I am not sure if this is correct as none of this is documented. I am now getting errors from the MFXVideoVPP_RunFrameVPPAsync. I have removed MFXVideoCORE_SyncOperation as I read somewhere that it is no longer needed if you are running child sessions.

Kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos