Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MJPEG decode fails on Windows app store Camera applications

haim_a_
Beginner

Hello

I'm developing device driver for webcam that supports MJPEG

It works fine with YUV/RGB but there is a problem using MJPEG 1280x720 only on  Windows app store applications (Metro)

Sometimes the video is stuck or showing black frame (and sometime it works OK)

When using  MJPEG 1280x720 in Desktop applications (both Direcshow and Media foundation apps) - it works fine.

I've discovered that when I disabled the dll mfx_mft_mjpgvd_64.dll  (rename) - it works perfectly also on Metro applications.

How can I understand the root cause of this issue? How can I debug or fix this issue?

Thanks

Haim.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We've had a few reports of similar 'intermittent' issue and we are looking at it.

I am curious, is the MJPEG steam being used coming from a live camera, or is it a file?

If it is a file, could you please provide it, as this would assist our debug efforts?

THANKS

0 Kudos
haim_a_
Beginner

Hi
Actually it's live video - not a file

I'll try to record some video frames (jpeg)

Can you suggest some workaround?

Thanks

Haim

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I'll contact you, as you may be able to help us here.  THANKS

0 Kudos
haim_a_
Beginner

Hi

As a temporal workaround for this issue, what is the preferable way to disable HW MJPEg decode? I know about the registry key HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\HardwareMFT\EnableDecoders that can be set to 0.

Thanks

Haim

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

HI Haim,

As mentioned in private messages, we would prefer that globally disabling the certified MFT not be done for issue seen with this one applications, but it is option for temporal/debugging purposes.  We are continuing to investigate why we are seeing an issue for this application.

0 Kudos