Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MSDK R3 sample_decode.exe reports incorrect frame number count

celli4
New Contributor I

It seems in some cases, sample_decode.exe reports an incorrect frame number count during operation.

(I suspect this is known at Intel, but have no way to know for sure)

This is a minor problem, but still confusing for people working with video trying to confirm proper operation of our own new code.

When sample_decode is used on a 14,315 frame long H.264 segment, it reports the last decoded frame number as 28,619 in my tests.

But a examination of the output YUV file length confirms sample_decode wrote 14315 frames.

Interestingly, the elementary stream does not appear to be interlaced, either. 

I am using Big Buck Bunny (in the 320x180 format) for this test.

If there is a better way to report bugs, please let us know here.

Regards,

Cameron

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Cameron, Yes this is known decode sample issue in Media SDK 2012. It will be fixed in Media SDK 2013 which be released very soon. If you need to fix it for 2012 SDK just remove the "++" before the m_nFrameIndex in "msdk_printf(MSDK_STRING("Frame number: %d\r"), ++m_nFrameIndex);" Regards, Petter
0 Kudos