Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

MSDK cant support HW acceleration if system connect 2 displays

Zheng_L_
Beginner

my notebook computer has a NV MX150 independent card and a intel UHD620 integrated card,my program use nv card to do CUDA computing and intel card to do hw accelerated video decoding/encoding, my program works fine when system only use notebook's display,but when I use a second display connected to notebook's HDMI port,the MSDK HW accelerated video decoding/encoding can not work,MFXInit() return MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED; I found I must bind my program to Intel card,then the HW acceleration can be worked,but that my program can not do the cuda computing;  nv card,msdk acceleated dec/enc,second display are all my program needed,so how can I get it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Zheng,

I believe you need not to bind your program to any particular card. You can just try to init your session using MFXInit with various hardware flags.

Refer this post: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/780596#comment-1923855

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Zheng_L_
Beginner

Ramashankar wrote:

Hi Zheng,

I believe you need not to bind your program to any particular card. You can just try to init your session using MFXInit with various hardware flags.

Refer this post: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/780596#com...

Hope it helps.

Hi,Ramashankar:

I use MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY to call MFXInit(),and I also try the MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE2/3/4,but all failed, but my program init the CUDA SDK firstly,then init msdk, am I going to reverse the order?

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Zheng,

Did you check Appendix D of Media SDK developer guide?

Mark

Let me know if this solves your problem.

0 Kudos