Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

MSS 2015r6 for i7-6700K in centos7.1

chengzhuo_g_
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed the MSS2015r6(community edition) in centos7.1,but it's not work when I run the samples...Can you tell me whether it's supported for i7-6700k(skylake ) in centos7.1?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi again, 

Yes, you can do h264 hardware transcoding on both 4th and 5th generation codename as Haswell and Broadwell respectively. HEVC software and hybrid implementation is available on 4th and 5th generation Media Server Studio professional edition.
If you are looking to develop windows based application, then there is Media SDK 2016 available out today which supports 6th generation i.e. Skylake. If your application is based on Linux OS then you will have to wait for Media Server Studio release supporting Skylake. 

If you can give us more details about your application and details about using hevc codec,we can help you to make recommendation. Feel free to send us a private message in case of confidential information. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi there, 

Media Server Studio 2015 R6 doesn't support 6th generation, so you won't be able to successfully install 2015 R6 on i7-6700K. We are working on it and will be releasing the Media Server Studio drop which supports Skylake in future. We will post the news on our website and on forum too. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
chengzhuo_g_
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Thanks for your reply.And I have another questions about MSS 2015R6 now.Our team want to develop the HEVC and H264 hardware transcoding on intel cpu.Is the 4th(or 5th) generation supported for both of HEVC and H264 hardware transcoding through MSS 2015R6 pro edition? Especially for HEVC,I know that it's supported for software transcoding on 4th and 5th generation.And the 6th generation supported the HEVC of hardware accelerated.So if we want enable the HEVC of hardware accelerated,we should wait the new MMS edition in the future.Is this right?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi again, 

Yes, you can do h264 hardware transcoding on both 4th and 5th generation codename as Haswell and Broadwell respectively. HEVC software and hybrid implementation is available on 4th and 5th generation Media Server Studio professional edition.
If you are looking to develop windows based application, then there is Media SDK 2016 available out today which supports 6th generation i.e. Skylake. If your application is based on Linux OS then you will have to wait for Media Server Studio release supporting Skylake. 

If you can give us more details about your application and details about using hevc codec,we can help you to make recommendation. Feel free to send us a private message in case of confidential information. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos