Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Machine and application hang when we stop or start H264 Encoding

gparag1983
Beginner

Hello,

Earlier we are using Intel Media SDK 2013 and driver of version 10.18.10.3496. With this version of driver, recording/encoding in our  application ( h264 - 1080i50 format and mpeg - 720i50) working OK.

But if we install newer version of driver then our application hang when we start or stop recording/encoding. Sometime encoding not started after we start and stop encoding for 10-15 times.

Also After updating Media  SDK to 2014 R2 Client  and updating driver to ver 10.18.14.4264, then also I am facing same problem.

I attach my system log.

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Parag Gandhi,

From your System info, your graphic driver and MSDK are not most new version.

For Graphic Driver: You can download and install graphic driver from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496 15.36.26.4294 (Latest),

For MSDK: You can download and install media_sdk_6.0.0.388 (update through ISM comes with Intel INDE)

What kind of your application ?

Can you reproduce issue with Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.68

Thanks

Zachary

0 Kudos
gparag1983
Beginner

Hello,

After installing new SDK and latest driver during encoding, encoding stop after sometime.

Time is not fixed. Sometimes after encoding 1000 frame or sometime 6000 frames.

I am attaching my machine configuration.

But with Driver version 10.18.10.3496, encoding works fine. In my other machines which have I7- 3rd generation CPU, have same problem. In almost all machine with different motherboard and cpu, my application encoding is working on driver version10.18.10.3496. On other latest version of driver, encoding stop in between.

Regards

Parag Gandhi

0 Kudos