Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media Kit for CentOS and CS for WebRTC for ubuntu?

Mark_M_6
Beginner

Hi there,

We are running into some problems where we successfully installed intel media server studio on centOS (which is what it recommended) - but now we installed the the CS for Web RTC (this was supposed to be on Ubuntu) - so it sounds like the documents are out of sync.

The dilemma that I have is - do I install ubuntu and hope that the media server installs or is there another version of CS for webRTC that will work with centOs

the error we are getting is:

• module.js:356 Module._extensions[extension](this, filename); ^ Error: libmfxhw64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at Module.load (module.js:356:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12) at Module.require (module.js:364:17) at require (module.js:380:17) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/brim/Release-v2.0/mcu/erizoJS/erizoJSController.js:1:73) at Module._compile (module.js:456:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10) at Module.load (module.js:356:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12) at Module.require (module.js:364:17)

we found and copied the missing file but it's still not working ... 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark, 

I see the disconnect you are referring to. I see you have posted the question on WebRTC support page as well. I will let them help you with any another version of WebRTC to solve the above mentioned issue. 
The concern about Media Server Studio installation on Ubuntu OS is possible through generic installation which is mentioned in our getting started. But we officially support CentOS and SLES for Server Studio which means that  it is up to the customer to use and configure any other OS other that officially supported. Also, any issue with functionality and performance need to reproduced on the officially supported OS to debug. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Mark_M_6
Beginner

Thanks Surbhi

I would appreciate any assistance (they haven't responded yet) because we are stuck until it's resolved.   And we are on our 30 day trial so it's not a great situation.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark, 

After discussing this issue internally the best option is to install Media Server Studio on Ubuntu-
Install Media Server Studio on Ubuntu 12.4 (CS for WebRTC is only supported on Ubuntu 12.04 OS) through generic OS installation mentioned in the getting started guide. Just to clear this again that Ubuntu 12.04 is not supported officially which means  it is up to the customer to use and configure. If you want to use the last official release on Ubuntu 12.04, you can do that as well . If you plan to purchased Media Server Studio then you will have an access to previous version which can be used for production. However, any bug fixes and new features will be added to the new product version only.

Thanks, 
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi there,

Just in case that you still need a proper version of Media Server Studio for Intel CS for WebRTC, please download the free trial SDK of 16.3.2.1 from https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-solutions-portal within “Intel® Media Server Studio – Professional Edition 2015 R2”.

0 Kudos