Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK Crash During Install

Dave_Tasker
Beginner

I downloaded the Intel Media SDK 2013.
I am running Win7 Professional 64 Bit.

I tried installing the Win32 Media SDK version first and it crashed during the install. My target system is 32 bit.
Then I tried installing the 64 bit figuring that may be the MediaSDK had to match my OS

Both installs seem to crash at the same in Media SDK Browser
I have included the stack trace from the 64 bit crash

" at Intel.SdkBrowser.Controls.SamplesListBox.UpdateSortDescriptions()\r\n at Intel.SdkBrowser.Controls.SamplesListBox.OnGroupChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)\r\n at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)\r\n at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)\r\n at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)\r\n at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType)\r\n at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)\r\n at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)\r\n at Intel.SdkBrowser.Controls.SamplesListBox.set_GroupByType(Boolean value)\r\n at Intel.SdkBrowser.Windows.BrowserWindow.LoadBrowserState(Boolean resetToDefaults, Boolean loadLayoutSettings, Boolean loadBrowserSettings)\r\n at Intel.SdkBrowser.Windows.BrowserWindow.<OnSamplesDataLoaded>b__2(Object sender, EventArgs e)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(Object unused)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)\r\n at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)\r\n at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)\r\n at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)\r\n at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)\r\n at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)\r\n at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()\r\n at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)\r\n at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)\r\n at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)\r\n at System.Windows.Application.Run()\r\n at Intel.SdkBrowser.Windows.App.Main()"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have not received any reports so far similar to the crash you describe.

For us to be able to explore this further could you please share some more details about your system configuration?
One way to share system info details is to run   "c:\windows\system32\msinfo32.exe"  and then save the configuration as an ".nfo" file.

Can you please also tell us what installer options you selected during install? You will be presented with a set of "checkbox" options before being asked to install the package.

Did you download Intel Media SDK from here? http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/media-sdk

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
Dave_Tasker
Beginner

Peter

One of the issues I noticed was that the MediaSDK environmental variables did not get set on one of my PCs.

Once I set these on my failed PC I was able to compile and run the Encode Sample.

The MediaSDKBrower is still broken. This is kind of a pain, since when tge Browser launches the Sample Applications it creates a fairly lengthy command line. 

Another question I have is which version(s) of visual studio do you expect have installed. The install seems to want to use the VS2012 related C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0, whereas the sample applications are using VS2005 solutions

On my successful install computer I just happen to have VS2005, VS2008, VS2010 and VS2012, may this is why the MediaSDKBrowser works.

May be you can review my original trace log to determine why the MediaSDKBrower crashed

Dave

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Dave,

Can you tell us what environment variables were not set by the installer and also what check box options you selected when installing the SDK?

From your first email I interpreted that the SDK installer failed but from your recent description that does not seem to be the case, but instead the issue is with the sample browser, correct?

We will explore sample_browser use cases further to see if we can reproduce the crash. It would be really helpful if you can share some more info about your system config for the machine where sample_browser fails. Info such as what OS (and service pack) and .Net version available are useful.

The Media SDK samples requires at a minimum Visual Studio 2005. If you decide to use more recent version on Visual Studio the solution/projects will automatically me upgraded. An exception is the "sample_win8ui_transcode" sample which requires Visual Studio 2012 due to Windows 8 development environment dependencies.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos