Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK DirectShow Filters - Most Recent Version

Mike_D_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to locate the most recent version of the sample filters that used to be distributed as part of the Intel Media SDK samples.

I had the 2014 R2 version (5.0.461.91752) from 2014 and I tried to get a more recent release but it looks like those samples have been deprecated. The trouble is that when I download the deprecated samples .zip file it includes samples marked as version 1.0.0.0 so I don't know which samples are newer. The ones I downloaded that have version 1.0.0.0 or the ones I had from 2014 that have version 5.0.461.91752

Please let me know how to determine whether I have the most recent samples.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ViCue_S_
New Contributor I

deprecated zip should contain the latest source code as it was archived. 1.0.0.0 looks like a final dot in that project. 5.0.something is likely inherited from a bigger project

if you hesitate then try to compare files creation/modification date

0 Kudos
Seunghyuk_P_Intel

Hi Mike,

We have new version of Intel MediaSDK for windows here. (https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk)

and you can check the samples, here. (https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk-support/code-samples)

There is one sample which is using direct show filter.

Transcoding Sample using Microsoft* DirectShow*
sample_dshow_plugins demonstrates how to use the Intel Media SDK with DirectShow filters to compress and decompress video files. sample_dshow_player demonstrates how to use the SDK and sample DShow filters to play and transcode media files (streams).

Regards,

Peter.

0 Kudos
Mike_D_
Beginner

Thanks - as far as I can tell the Direct Show samples are part of the "Deprecated Samples" package. Is that correct?

I have downloaded that code a couple of weeks ago. Have the samples been updated in the last two weeks?

The problem is there is no way to determine any more what version those samples are at. When I downloaded the package I noticed the version of the DLLs was reset to 1,0,0,0 and the package itself doesn't seem to include any versioning details. This is a bit confusing as I already had an older set of samples from late 2014 that were marked as version 5.x

0 Kudos
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response. 

It is in the deprecated samples- and as deprecated version it wont be updated- it is the newest version intel published when this sample was still improved. that is the reason for lack of versioning. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos