Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK LINK error in multi_transcode

Zheng_G_
Beginner

I followed the instructions and built the Media SDK samples. I succeeded in compiling the encode and decode samples, but failed in the transcoding one.

I just could't get rid of the LNK 2019 error:

2>pipeline_transcode.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __cdecl MFXVideoVPPPlugin::MFXVideoVPPPlugin(struct _mfxSession *)" (??0MFXVideoVPPPlugin@@QEAA@PEAU_mfxSession@@@Z) referenced in function "protected: virtual enum mfxStatus __cdecl TranscodingSample::CTranscodingPipeline::VPPPreInit(struct TranscodingSample::sInputParams *)" (?VPPPreInit@CTranscodingPipeline@TranscodingSample@@MEAA?AW4mfxStatus@@PEAUsInputParams@2@@Z)
2>..\_build\x64\Debug\sample_multi_transcode.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Any idea what the problem should be?

BTW, I used Visual Studio 2012 under Window 7 x64.

Regards,

Zheng

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Zheng,

Are you seeing this link error using unmodified sample code?  I do not see any issues.  Perhaps it is worth obtaining a clean install of just released Media SDK 2014 and try again.

Is your Visual Studio using the latest updates from Microsoft?

I'm unaware of any of these being an issue.

0 Kudos