Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Media SDK Mpeg 2 dshow filter sample decoder with not standard resolution

wadrwadr
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using sample mpeg2 directshow decoder filter from sdk 3.0 beta ( software decoding mode, never tried hardware mode) .

My problem happens with a video which has a resolution of 604x304.

Video Render filter (VR, VR9, EVR) shows video frames with an aspect similar to 4:3 but in fact should be similar to 16:9.

So after doing some debug at the decoder source code I found in CDecVideoFilter::RenewSampleParams method that VIDEOINFOHEADER2 is received with incorrect information, struct comes with dwPictAspectRatioX = 1 and dwPictAspectRatioy = 1 (but should be dwPictAspectRatioX = 2 and dwPictAspectRatioy = 1) and that produces the behavior explained above.

I need some help about what's happening, and detect where the values are wrong filled (linked library,??) of course I can override the values manually inside the method (which actually works ) but it's a patch that I would not like to do unless there is no other option.

I tried with a similar video (604x304) but encoded with h264 and it displays correctly with VIDEOINFOHEADER2 filled ok (dwPictAspectRatioX = 2 and dwPictAspectRatioy = 1) also others mpeg2 decoders ( like Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder ) works ok.

Thanks in advance

Walter

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Double post. Please see the below thread for continued discussion
0 Kudos