Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK Screen Capture Plugin Issue

Danilo_C_
Beginner

I have recently downloaded and tested the sample for the screen capture plugin, but the sample that comes with the plugin from this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-media-sdk-screen-capture does not work.

I have been able to make it work with the DX 9 API and YUV NV12 format. But if I use ARGB or AYUV it fails to create the DX surfaces.

If I use the DX 11 API for surface allocation, I only end up with blank frames.

Have anyone been able to utilize the screen capture plugin successfully with the DX 11 API?

My system has a Xeon E5-120 v3 and I'm using the software implementation for the SDK with the screen capture plugin.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

Are you using the most new MSDK edition.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio

https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk

Can you share the log of mediasdk_sys_analyzer for understand your system info ?

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Danilo, what version of Windows operating system you are using? Also what is display adapter installed on your system. Depending on OS and display adapter dx11 path can be not supported.

0 Kudos
Danilo_C_
Beginner
I'm using the latest version 2017.0.1. My system has the Windows 10 anniversary edition and my display adapter is a Nvidia Quadro K620. My os has DX12 installed. Here is my Log from the system analyzer: Intel(R) Media Server Studio 2016 R2 - System Analyzer (32-bit) The following versions of Media SDK API are supported by platform/driver [opportunistic detection of MSDK API > 1.19]: Version Target Supported Dec Enc 1.0 HW No 1.0 SW Yes X X 1.1 HW No 1.1 SW Yes X X 1.2 HW No 1.2 SW Yes X X 1.3 HW No 1.3 SW Yes X X 1.4 HW No 1.4 SW Yes X X 1.5 HW No 1.5 SW Yes X X 1.6 HW No 1.6 SW Yes X X 1.7 HW No 1.7 SW Yes X X 1.8 HW No 1.8 SW Yes X X 1.9 HW No 1.9 SW Yes X X 1.10 HW No 1.10 SW Yes X X 1.11 HW No 1.11 SW Yes X X 1.12 HW No 1.12 SW Yes X X 1.13 HW No 1.13 SW Yes X X 1.14 HW No 1.14 SW Yes X X 1.15 HW No 1.15 SW Yes X X 1.16 HW No 1.16 SW Yes X X 1.17 HW No 1.17 SW Yes X X 1.18 HW No 1.18 SW Yes X X 1.19 HW No 1.19 SW Yes X X 1.20 SW Yes X X 1.21 SW Yes X X 1.22 SW Yes X X 1.23 SW Yes X X Graphics Devices: Name Version State NVIDIA Quadro K620 21.21.13.6939 Active System info: CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Arch: 64-bit Installed Media SDK packages (be patient...processing takes some time): Intel(R) Media SDK 2017 R1 Installed Media SDK DirectShow filters: Installed Intel Media Foundation Transforms: Tips: - HW target does not work: If you expect it should, then make sure to install latest Intel gfx driver, and that Intel gfx is selected as primary driver. - If Intel driver is associated with secondary adapter, make sure to initialize DirectX device used with Media SDK with corresponding adapter. Analysis complete... [press ENTER]
0 Kudos