Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Media SDK Vs Media Server Studio on Windows Server 2012

Erin_B_
Beginner

I'm currently using Media SDK 7.0.0.311 (software processing) to transcode 24 streams to H264 on a Windows Server 2012 machine using a Xeon E5-2667 v3. I'm finding that performance is great for ~ 20 hours & the CPU usage is quite low (~30%) & then something changes and the encoder suddenly starts doing a lot more processing and the CPU jumps up to ~95%. Are there any known issues with the H264 encoder after it's been running for a while? I just discovered that Media SDK isn't supported for Windows Server 2012 and using Media Server Studio is advised. Could this be related?

Any ideas are welcome.

0 Kudos
0 Replies