Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK decoder fails to decode h264 video with motion_vectors_over_pic_boundaries_flag

Danil_S_
Beginner

As described in subject field, the h264 feed, that has motion_vectors_over_pic_boundaries_flag set to 1 in sps header sequence is decoded to huge artefacted green screen. Both in my project and provided decode_sample example.

Feed used is received from Microsoft Media Foundation encoder on WIndows 8 and 10 or from ffmpeg with default 264 presets.

All the returns are MFX_ERR_NONE and no warnings are being received throughout initialization, header decoding and frame decoding processes.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Danil,

Could you please provide encoded stream to reproduce the problem? Is it decoded well by other decoders (ffmpeg)?

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos
Danil_S_
Beginner

Greeetings, Anna.

Encoded feed could be found here: cdn.livestream.com/LivestreamStudio/Intel/media_foundation_feed.264

VSoft decoder seems to do it just fine. Also, Media Player Classic is able to play this file as is.

This data are encoded by Media Foundation encoder on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Looking forward to your responce.

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Danil,

I reproduced the issue. I'll keep you in touch about further investigations.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos