Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK (for Windows)

Mihail_P_
Beginner

I`ve downloaded latest version of Samples for Intel Media Client (version 6.0.0.68) but was unable to build it with Media SDK 6.0.0.349 - there`s a change in mfxInitParam structure which this version of MSDK doesn`t know. As I understand there is a new version of MSDK available, but how can I get it? I tried to reinstall Media SDK with INDE installer but received the same version...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mikhail,

Yes, there has been a new sample version release ver 6.0.0.68 which has introduced a new variable GPUCOPY in mfxInitParam structure which is supported in next API version 1.16. The next release of INDE will have  support for API 1.16, therefore support for this variable. Workaround is to comment the variable till then. Sample version 6.0.0.68 has few fixes and new features mentioned in Media samples guide present in the package.

0 Kudos
Mihail_P_
Beginner

SURBHI M. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Mikhail,

Yes, there has been a new sample version release ver 6.0.0.68 which has introduced a new variable GPUCOPY in mfxInitParam structure which is supported in next API version 1.16. The next release of INDE will have  support for API 1.16, therefore support for this variable. Workaround is to comment the variable till then. Sample version 6.0.0.68 has few fixes and new features mentioned in Media samples guide present in the package.

Hi Surbhi,

Thank`s for answer. I`ve downloaded new samples in an effort of solving my questiion from this topic, but found no luck...

0 Kudos
Joseph_W_2
Beginner

Hello Forum,

I try to install the Media server SDK 2015 r6.

After extracting the files nothing happens and no installation occurs (the installation exit silently with no error reported).

Get same behavior with Media server 2017 r3.

Please your help,

Many thanks,

Joseph

0 Kudos