Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Media SDK mfx_dispatch issues

Sarbjit_S_
Beginner

I am using media sdk's filtering capabilities. I downloaded the Intel Media Server 2017 R2 and using the software development kit shipped with it. 

I am developing using Visual Studio 2015. In debug build everything is working and fine but when i build in release mode I got errors like "reference to std::exception is not found" etc. I thought it is because the libmfx.lib is built with settings "/MT" while my project is using settings "/MD".

To fix this issue i compiled mfx_dispatch from the opensource folder and tried to build library using /MD but it gave some compilation errors from the warning that certain variables are hiding other types. To fix this I changed the warning level and was able to compile the library.

Now when I am using this library I am getting "UNSUPPORTED" while initializing mfx using session->Init() function. I am not able to run anything from these newly build libs.

Please let me know what is going on. I did not expect so many issues from such a standard library. Am I doing anything wrong.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

VS2015 was not officially supported in that version, Samples 2017R2 might have compilation issues with visual studio 2015.

Happy to say these issues will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos
Sarbjit_S_
Beginner

Thanks Stav for the reply, when can i expect the next version to be released ?

Right now if I cant get my release build to pass I cant release by software. It would be a big set back for my project. Please advise what can I do to fix this temporarily.

0 Kudos
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I can say it is soon - we will update in the forum so keep an eye. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos