Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Media SDK on Linux Ubuntu sample decoder error libmfx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

amram__yoni
Beginner

hi,

I'm trying to run sample_decode or sample_encoder on Linux Ubuntu 19.04 (the same problem happened on version 17 and 18)

I downloaded and compiled libva libva-utils media_drivers and gmmlib

then I Succesful compiled the msdk (Intel Media SDK)

but when I try to run the samples I get errors that libmfx can't be open although it is in the same directory

"sample_decode: error while loading shared libraries: libmfx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i inte
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz

any Idea what went wrong?

here s some prints:

yoni@yoni-Latitude-E5570:~/intel/msdk/build/__bin/release$ pwd
/home/yoni/intel/msdk/build/__bin/release
yoni@yoni-Latitude-E5570:~/intel/msdk/build/__bin/release$ ls
libcttmetrics.so       libmfx_hevc_fei_hw64.so  libmfx.pc       libmfx_vp8d_hw64.so         metrics_monitor  sample_fei              sample_vpp
libmfx_h264la_hw64.so  libmfxhw64.so            libmfx.so       libmfx_vp9d_hw64.so         mfx.pc           sample_hevc_fei
libmfx_hevcd_hw64.so   libmfxhw64.so.1          libmfx.so.1     libmfx_vp9e_hw64.so         sample_decode    sample_hevc_fei_abr
libmfx_hevce_hw64.so   libmfxhw64.so.1.30       libmfx.so.1.30  libsample_rotate_plugin.so  sample_encode    sample_multi_transcode
yoni@yoni-Latitude-E5570:~/intel/msdk/build/__bin/release$ ./sample_decode
./sample_decode: error while loading shared libraries: libmfx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
yoni@yoni-Latitude-E5570:~/intel/msdk/build/__bin/release$

thank you in advanced 

Yoni

0 Kudos
1 Reply
amram__yoni
Beginner

Hi, I was able to overcome that issue, by adding LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mediasdk/lib as explained in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/804296 

thank you

Yoni

0 Kudos